Auto & Truck Services
“Low, Low Prices – The Best Price In Town”
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Low prices for goods and services are almost always “come ons.” There is little or no profit in a particular service at the advertised price. So why do you see so many of these ads? The answer for auto repair as it is with any service, is easy, for companies to get more customers into their shops so employees can up-sell them additions goods and services. Typically those additional goods and services are usually priced at inflated prices and quite often they’re not even necessary.
What kind of shops advertise in this way? More often than not they operate on quotas and commissions or run contests to get more sales revenue from their employees. The more they advertise sales or “free” services, the greater the chance they try to sell the customer something that is not needed. These types of scams are quite common and many a customer has fallen for them because they do not expect that “big name” companies would use these tactics.
How does a customer avoid these traps? Searching for the right auto technician is just like looking for the right physician. You want someone with qualifications. Start by asking friends, family or co-workers if they recommend someone or look for shops that display the ASE (The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence) or AAA (The Automobile Association of America) certifications.
When it comes to price, the old rule still applies “you get what you pay for.” Competent independent or skilled dealership service is not cheap. You don’t want cheap brake parts put on your vehicle nor do you want a cut rate technician to do the job. In the long run, your repairs will last longer, your vehicle will be safer and you will feel more confident in the service if you use a reputable provider. Spending a little more will in the long run, save you money.
Understand that good service isn’t something that you’ll get “in and out in an hour or less” and don’t assume you know what is wrong with your vehicle. Be sure you can describe the problem you are having with your vehicle as completely as possible to the technician to aid in proper diagnosis and repair.
At 5 STAR AUTO CARE, we pledge to never up-sell our customers any parts, repairs or preventive maintenance that is not necessary to ensure the safety, reliability, drivability, comfort and longevity of your car.
A True Alternative to the Dealer
Looking for an affordable alternative to the higher auto repair service pricing at the local dealerships? 5 STAR AUTO CARE can help with that. With our ASE Certified mechanics who receive ongoing training in automotive technology and auto repair services, we’re proud to be able to offer you dealership quality knowledge and experience without dealership pricing.
Cutting-Edge Technology and Real-World Experience Get You Back on the Road Faster and Safer!
Our technicians are up to date on the latest automotive technology training and have professional, hands-on experience working with multiple brands of cars and truck. We use the most current diagnostic equipment available, meaning that we can quickly uncover the problem and begin working on the solution. Combining cutting-edge technology with real-world experience, our technicians are able to get your car back on the road in less time than it takes other shops to simply figure out what’s wrong!
SERVICES AVAILABLE – FOREIGN & DOMESTIC CARS & TRUCKS:
- Engine Repair and Replacement
- Axle/Differential Repair and Rebuilding
- Brake System Repair
- Carburetor Rebuilding
- Clutch Replacement
- Air Conditioning & Heating Repair
- Manual Transmission Rebuilding
- Automatic Transmission Service and Repair
- 4×4 Transfer Case Repair and Rebuilding
- Diesel Repair (specializing in Ford/Navistar engine family 7.3, 6.0, 6.4)
- Medium and Heavy Duty Diesel Repair/Servicing
- Timing Belt or Chain Replacement
- Hybrid Vehicle Systems Servicing and Repair
- Belt, Hoses and Wiper Blade Replacement
- Radiator and Cooling System Repair
- Fuel Injection Servicing and Repair
- Steering and Suspension Repair
- Shock and Strut Replacement
- Custom and OE Exhaust Replacement/Fabrication
Electrical Systems, Wiring and Electronics
- Battery Replacement and Service
- Charging System Repair and Upgrading
- No-Start Diagnostics / Driveability Diagnostics
- Computer Diagnostics (Check Engine Light, Air Bag Light, etc.)
- Vehicle Systems Computer Replacement/Programming
- Electrical and/or Wiring Problems
- Interior / Exterior Lighting Replacement
- Starting System Repair
Wheels and Tires
- Tire Repairs or Replacement
- TPMS System Repair
- Wheel Balancing & Alignments
- Rotation and Check Tire Pressure
Regular and Preventive Maintenance
- Oil, Lube and Filter Service
- Fuel Injection Cleaning & Service
- Brake Maintenance and Adjustment
- Preventive Maintenance Fluid Flushes
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance (30K, 60K, 90K, 105K)
- Air Intake and Throttle Body Cleaning
- Spark Plugs, Air Filters, PCV Valves and Fuel Filters
- Auxiliary Hydraulic Systems Design, Installation and Servicing (central hydraulic systems, engine drive and electric)
- Snow Plow Servicing, Installation and Repair
- Warning/Caution Light Installation
- Towing Service
- Pre-Purchase Vehicle Inspection
- Custom Fabrication