What’s the difference between a car wash and an auto detail?
Customers ask us this all the time. You can wash your car in the driveway with a garden hose, a bottle of soap and an old towel. Or take it to a “professional” car washer for $50. But, when that $50 wax job wears off, the damage done by the automatic car wash equipment or the inexperienced personnel will become painfully evident in your vehicle’s finish. As odd as it may seem that someone would take their $39,000 vehicle to a $100 auto detailer or to the local automatic car was it does happen all the time. While some styles of car washes are much safer than others, the damage done to a vehicles paint finish from an inexperienced person or low quality products can be very time consuming and costly to repair.
Your vehicle needs its oil changed every 3,000 miles. Your fluids should be checked and refilled and your tires rotated. But did you know that your car’s interior and exterior requires the same preventative maintenance?
Every day your vehicle is subjected to a multitude of abuse that can dull and reduce the longevity of its finish. Weather, insects, bird and tree droppings, road hazards can all do a number on that factory finish. Not to mention, kids, pets, smoking, food or just normal use can all inflict dirt and odors on the interior as well.
Simply running your car through the local car wash may make it look clean on the outside but does little to protect your investment. It is just as important to have the paint, rubber, chrome, vinyl, leather and other surfaces taken care of regularly by a professional detail specialist.
Auto detailing is a systematic process in which the exterior of a vehicle is not only cleaned but the finish is rejuvenated to remove oxidation before a new protective finish is applied. Detailing also includes cleaning the engine compartment, windows, tires and interior of the vehicle and then applying protective finishes to the fabric, leather or other interior components. In short, a regular detailing schedule, at least spring and fall, is just as important to the long-time performance of your vehicle as regular oil changes. More importantly, regular detailing protects your investment and increases the resale value of your vehicle.
5 STAR AUTO DETAIL offers meticulous hand detailing services in a variety of packages but since each vehicle’s size and condition often varies we are also able to customize a service specifically for your needs.
Please understand that while we can quote you over the phone for our package services, until we understand what your expectations are and what condition the vehicle is in we cannot provide you with a detailed quote for your specific vehicle. With the complexity of modern vehicle interiors and exteriors there is a large range of different products used to clean different colors and materials. With that in mind there is also different techniques used as well. When it comes to auto detailing you are in fact hiring a professional and as our customer you need to understand that in no case should you expect a one price fits all vehicles approach.
In our many years of vehicle detailing and reconditioning we have not found one “special” cleaner or product that fit all, contradictory to what some shops and chemical manufactures say. We at 5 STAR AUTO DETAIL use top quality cleaners and finishing products that we have hand picked over time that are specific to the conditions, materials and colors of your vehicle that you can’t find at your local auto parts stores. Depending on the task at hand we have more than 30 different products that exceed our expectations to guarantee your satisfaction.
We will expertly clean and polish every inch of your vehicle by hand, from the exterior to the interior to the spaces between the radio buttons until your vehicle shines, feels and smells like the day it left the showroom.
OUR 5STAR DETAILING PACKAGES
- Exterior Detail Only
- Interior Detail Only
- Premium Complete Detail Package
- Platinum Complete Detail Package (2 step exterior service)
- Color Specific Exterior Service (Black, White, Multi-Color Metallic Colors)
- New Car Package
Estimated Appointment Time: 7-12 hours on most complete packages
EXTERIOR DETAIL SERVICE (inclusions)
- Thorough hand wash
- Light fallout removal
- Proper cleaning of wheels, wheel wells & tires
- Wipe out door & trunk jams (degreased with complete detail service)
- Clean inside fuel door
- Clean & polish exhaust tips
- Polish wheels & chrome bumpers
- Tires & trim treated with premium exterior conditioning material
- Polish paint to remove swirls and light scratches (with 2 step exterior service)
- Polish headlights and tail lights to restore factory look
- Apply durable carnuba or synthetic wax
- Clean exterior windows & mirrors
Estimated Appointment Time: 3-4/6-7 hours depending on package
INTERIOR DETAIL SERVICE (inclusions)
- Shampoo carpet and upholstery
- Hot water extraction of carpets, upholstery & floor mats
- Clean all surfaces & crevices using compressed air, fine brushes, soft cloths and specially formulated cleaners
- Clean instruments and panels
- Clean interior windows, mirrors & sunroof
- Clean cup holders
- Clean gauges, knobs, switches & dials
- Clean seat belts & seat tracks
- Clean steering column
- Clean door handles
- Clean console, glove box & compartment interiors
- Clean vents & louvers
- Clean spare tire & compartment
- Leather treated & conditioned with PH balanced solution
- Navigation, radio or video screens delicately wiped to provide streak free clarity
Estimated Appointment Time: 6-9 hours
- Fabric & upholstery protectant
- Professional paint sealants (synthetic polymer or Teflon based)
- Industrial fallout & iron dust removal
- Water spot removal
- Leather conditioning
- Glass treatments
- Paintless dent removal
- Leather repair & re-dye
- Interior odor removal
- Engine compartment steam cleaning
- Wheel repair
- Spiderweb removal (a term used by detailers and professionals alike) are actually microscopic scratches in the paint work of your car that resemble a spiders web when under sunlight or bright artificial white lights)
- Swirl mark removal ( micro-scratches caused by simple rotary polishing. Swirls appear as lines of concentric circle arcs across the paint surface and are most visible in direct sunlight)
- Color sanding
- Vehicle under body cleaning
- Fire/Smoke damaged vehicles
- Flood damage
- Headlight restoration
- Exterior Color (very important as some colors require different products and techniques)
- Aluminum, Chrome or Painted Wheels
- Cloth or Leather Interior
- Color of Interior
- Smoking or Non-Smoking Vehicle
- How long have you owned the vehicle?
- When was the last time you had it PROFESSIONALY detailed or is it a new vehicle?
- Is this a daily driven vehicle or classic?
Please note that we ask for this information so that we may determine what will need to be done to properly clean the vehicle. Also please be aware that until we actually see the condition of the vehicle the price we quote is only an estimate of average price.